28 August 2009
NGS has released the 38-page Research in Tennessee, which has been revised and updated by Chuck Sherrill.
The following states are available from the National Genealogical Society Research in the States Series at the NGS website:
* Research in Arkansas by Lynda Childers Suffridge, 2008
* Research in Illinois by Diane Renner Walsh, 2007
* Research in Maryland by Patricia O'Brien, 2007
* Research in Michigan by Shirley M. DeBoer, 2008
* Research in Missouri by Pamela Boyer Porter and Ann Carter Fleming, 2007
* Research in North Carolina by Jeffrey L. Haines, 2008,
* Research in Ohio by Diane Vanskiver Gagel, 2008
* Research in Oregon by Connie Miller Lenzen, 2007
* Research in Pennsylvania by Kay Haviland Freilich, 2007
* Research in Tennessee by Chuck Sherrill, 2009
* Research in Virginia by Eric G. Grundset, 2007
* Research in West Virginia by Barbara Vine Little, 2007
Each publication is 8 1/2 inches by 11 inches, slightly larger than our previous Research in the States publications. The average length is 42 pages, but it varies by state. Each publication includes a section on archives, libraries, societies, and other research facilities in the respective state, as well as a discussion of the major family history resources available, such as maps, cemetery records, census, city directories, newspapers, military records, tax records and vital records. In addition, for each state you will find a discussion of which records are available at the local, county, and state level.
These publications are available in print for $14.50 for NGS members and $17.50 for non-members. The price includes shipping. Alternatively, each book can be purchased as a PDF file, an e-book that you can download from the NGS website and then either read on your computer or print. E-books are $8 for NGS members and $10 for non-members. Both the print and PDF versions of the Research in the States series can be found on the NGS website: click on Store. Please make sure you are logged on at the NGS website before proceeding to the store. This will ensure that the member discount is applied to your purchases.
NGS plans to add a few new states each year, so check the NGS website periodically for new releases at http://www.ngsgenealogy.org. ◦