06 March 2015
We’re delighted to announce that this weekend we are opening up our archives and giving unlimited free access to our billions of records and newspaper pages from all over the world. That means that between midday on Friday, March 6th and midday on Monday, March 9th (GMT), absolutely everyone will have access to our comprehensive collections of historical records and innovative research tools, including:
· Over 900 million census records from across the
UK, USA and Ireland
· Birth, marriage and death records dating back to the 18th century, and the largest online collection of
parish records UK
· Military records covering conflicts that include the American Revolutionary War
· The largest collection of Irish family history records available online
· Historical newspapers from across the world, including more than 10 million British newspaper pages from as long ago as 1710
· An easy to use online family tree builder which allows you to import and export your tree if you’ve built it elsewhere
· Our automatic Hints feature, which automatically searches our records for you and suggests potential matches to the people you add to your family tree
As well as millions of other records that will give everyone the opportunity to explore their family history and bring their past to life.
So, if you end up snowbound over the next few days, this might just help you pass the time!
Editor’s Note: In the US translate the times to 6am EST.
copyright © National Genealogical Society, 3108 Columbia Pike, Suite 300, Arlington, Virginia 22204-4370. http://www.ngsgenealogy.org.
NGS does not imply endorsement of any outside advertiser or other vendors appearing in this blog. Any opinions expressed by guest authors are their own and do not necessarily reflect the view of NGS.
Republication of UpFront articles is permitted and encouraged for non-commercial purposes without express permission from NGS. Please drop us a note telling us where and when you are using the article. Express written permission is required if you wish to republish UpFront articles for commercial purposes. You may send a request for express written permission to UpFront@ngsgenealogy.org. All republished articles may not be edited or reworded and must contain the copyright statement found at the bottom of each UpFront article.
Think your friends, colleagues, or fellow genealogy researchers would find this blog post interesting? If so, please let them know that anyone can read past UpFront with NGS posts or subscribe!
Suggestions for topics for future UpFront with NGS posts are always welcome. Please send any suggested topics to UpfrontNGS@mosaicrpm.com
Unless indicated otherwise or clearly an NGS Public Relations piece, Upfront with NGS posts are written by Diane L Richard, editor, Upfront with NGS.
Want to learn more about interacting with the blog, please read Hyperlinks, Subscribing and Comments -- How to Interact with Upfront with NGS Blog posts!