Nominations Open for NGS 2021 Awards & Competitions
The National Genealogical Society (NGS) invites individuals, societies, and organizations to participate in its 2021 Awards and Competitions program. NGS annually recognizes excellence in the field of genealogy. This year we have expanded our program to reflect our merger with the Federation of Genealogical Societies. The deadline for submission of nominations is 15 December 2020.
- Family History Writing Contest
- Award for Excellence: Genealogy or Family History Book
- Award for Excellence: Genealogical Methods and Sources
- Award for Excellence: NGSQ
- The NGS Newsletter Competition
- The Rubincam Youth Writing Competition
“We encourage family historians and genealogists to nominate an organization they know or an individual they work with, research with, or admire for an award or competition,” said Janet L. Bailey, chair of the award committee. “There are so many outstanding individuals, societies, and organizations that deserve national recognition. We hope their peers will consider nominating them before December 15."