19 August 2013
Records Preservation and Access Committee (RPAC) Committee, State Liaisons, State Genealogy Society Presidents, and others interested in current threats to vital records, are encouraged to call and listen to the RPAC Presentation at the Federation of Genealogical Societies (FGS) Conference, Wednesday, 21 August 2013, at 9:30 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time.
Hear representatives of the Records Preservation and Access Committee discuss:
- What is RPAC, who participates, and how does RPAC respond to threats against access to vital records?
- How the draft 2011 Model Vital Statistics Act may extend the time vital records are closed to the public
- Actions being considered by the European Union which would limit access to vital records in EU countries
- A review of several bills pending in the US Congress which will limit or close access to the Social Security Death Index
- Learn how you can help protect access to vital records by visiting and writing your state and federal representatives
To Attend this dial in program:
1. Dial into 801-240-2663 (Local/International) or 877-453-7266 (US Toll-free)
2. Follow the prompts to enter the Meeting ID 23997 and join the meeting
3. The presentation will last one hour from 9:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. EDT.
4. The PowerPoint slides we will be using should be available on the Publications page of the RPAC Blog at www.fgs.org/rpac/publications.
RSVP -- Help us insure that we have an adequate number of connections available by simply forwarding this message to email@example.com if you plan to dial in.
If you are attending FGS this week (
check out Session W106 -- "Strategies for Protecting Access to
State Vital Records." Ft. Wayne, Indiana
copyright © National Genealogical Society, 3108 Columbia Pike, Suite 300, Arlington, Virginia 22204-4370. http://www.ngsgenealogy.org.
Want to learn more about interacting with the Upfront with NGS blog, please read Hyperlinks, Subscribing and Comments -- How to Interact with Upfront with NGS Blog posts!
NGS does not imply endorsement of any outside advertiser or other vendors appearing in this blog.
Republication of UpFront articles is permitted and encouraged for non-commercial purposes without express permission from NGS. Please drop us a note telling us where and when you are using the article. Express written permission is required if you wish to republish UpFront articles for commercial purposes. You may send a request for express written permission to UpFront@ngsgenealogy.org. All republished articles may not be edited or reworded and must contain the copyright statement found at the bottom of each UpFront article.
Think your friends, colleagues, or fellow genealogy researchers would find this blog post interesting? If so, please let them know that anyone can read past UpFront with NGS posts or subscribe!
Suggestions for topics for future UpFront with NGS posts are always welcome. Please send any suggested topics to UpfrontNGS@mosaicrpm.com◦