What are your 2010 genealogy research resolutions?
Here it is: 1 January 2010! It’s time once again to write down my New Year’s research resolutions:
- Begin building my research list for the National Archives and Library of Congress for my trip to Washington, DC and the NGS Board meeting 26 February 2010.
- Begin building my research list for the Family History Library while I am attending the NGS 2010 Family History Conference in Salt Lake City, Utah, 28 April through 1 May 2010. Conference details and registration can be found at: http://www.ngsgenealogy.org/cs/conference_info
- Since not everything can be found online, put one day each month on the calendar to write letters requesting copies of records from state and local governments, cemeteries, libraries, etc. Keep a list of the records I need to request by mail. Set aside a monthly budget to cover the cost of the records. Wait patiently for the snail mail.
- Put one day every two weeks on the calendar to write up my research from the Family History Library in November. Remember to send copies to others researching the same families, including local libraries or societies as appropriate.
- After the 2010 Family History Conference is over, begin working on an article for the NGS Quarterly.