A research project at the University of Maryland aims to learn more about how historians and genealogists deal with copyright issues when using online archival sources. In particular, we are looking for genealogists who have used the online holdings of American archival institutions in their research, and who are willing to participate in a focus group or telephone interview to discuss how you deal with copyright issues that arise in your uses of online archival material.
- will be held on a weekday in the Washington, D.C., area
- will last for approximately 2 hours
- will consist of 5-8 participants
- Participants will receive a $50 honorarium.
- will be conducted by telephone
- will last for approximately 1 hour
- Participants will receive a $25 honorarium.
Dr. Jean Dryden, Principal Investigator
College of Information Studies, University of Maryland College Park