Only Three Days Left for Submissions to the
NGS Annual Awards & Competitions
Final Deadline: 15 December 2018
Less than seventy-two hours remain for anyone who wishes to submit a nomination for the National Genealogical Society’s 2019 Awards and Competitions. Show your appreciation of one or more individuals, a deserving organization, or an NGS volunteer by nominating them for one of the Society’s prestigious awards, including:
- NGS Award of Merit
- The Shirley Langdon Wilcox Award for Exemplary Volunteerism
- NGS Distinguished Service Award
- The Filby Award for Genealogical Librarianship (sponsored by ProQuest)
- National Genealogy Hall of Fame
- Fellow of the National Genealogical Society
Or enter one of our competitions, including:
- Family History Writing Contest
- Award for Excellence: Genealogy and Family History
- Award for Excellence: Genealogical Methods and Sources
- NGS Newsletter Competition
- John T. Humphrey, CG, Memorial Scholarship Award
- Rubincam Youth Award
The deadline for submissions for both the awards and competitions is 11:59 PM, 15 December 2018.
NGS believes that outstanding work in the field of genealogy—indexing and digitizing records, creating free websites and webinars, writing articles, lecturing, chairing conferences, blogging, leading special interest groups, and creating communications and newsletters—deserves national recognition. We encourage you to nominate a genealogist or organizations or submit your own work to the NGS 2019 Awards and Competitions. Winners and award recipients will be recognized at the NGS 2019 Family History Conference, 8-11 May 2019, St. Charles, Missouri.
Complete details and all necessary forms can be found at the NGS website. All nominations must include email contact information for nominees and the persons nominating them.
Send nomination forms by postal service or email.
NGS Awards Program
6400 Arlington Blvd, Suite 810
Falls Church, VA 22042-2318
E-mail: [email protected]
Include "NGS AWARD" in the Subject line of your message.
Post a Comment