Registration Now Open for the
NGS 2020 Live! Virtual Conference
NGS 2020 Live! will feature lectures by four of the most renowned genealogy scholars in America, including:
- “Validating Unsourced Online Information,” Thomas Wright Jones, PhD, CG®, FASG, FUGA, FNGS
- “Breaker Boys and Spinner Girls: Child Labor Laws and Their Records,” Judy G. Russell, JD, CG, CGLSM
- “Turning Witnesses into Evidence,” Elizabeth Shown Mills, CG, CGL, FASG, FNGS, FUGA
- “What If? Learning About DNA Through Case Studies,” Blaine Bettinger, PhD, JD.
An online chat will take place during each session as well as a short Q&A after each session facilitated by Ann Staley, CG, CGL.
The virtual conference also will include the latest genealogy news in presentations by representatives from Ancestry, FamilySearch, and FamilyTreeDNA. Steffani Raff will give the keynote luncheon talk, “Echoes of the Women Who have Gone Before—Celebrating Women’s Suffrage,” followed by a Q&A. Participants on 20 May also will be eligible to win one of the following prizes:
- One-year membership to Newspapers.com
- DNA kit courtesy of Ancestry
- One-year World Explorer membership to Ancestry.com
- One-year Membership to Fold3
- A registration to NGS 2021 Family History Conference in Richmond, Virginia
For more information about NGS 2020 Live! or to register, visit our conference website.