Last Chance to Register for NGS 2020 Live!
NGS 2020 Live! kicks off the NGS Virtual Conference featuring five great speakers. These five lectures are the first of over 85 lectures to be offered as part of the amazing line-up for NGS’s On-Demand lecture portion of the virtual conference ready for you on 1 July.
- “Validating Unsourced Online Information,” Thomas Wright Jones, PhD, CG®, FASG, FUGA, FNGS
- “Breaker Boys and Spinner Girls: Child Labor Laws and Their Records,” Judy G. Russell, JD, CG, CGLSM
- “Echoes of the Women Who have Gone Before—Celebrating Women’s Suffrage,” Steffani Raff
- “Turning Witnesses into Evidence,” Elizabeth Shown Mills, CG, CGL, FASG, FNGS, FUGA
- “What If? Learning About DNA Through Case Studies,” Blaine T. Bettinger, PhD,
NGS 2020 Live! also includes product sessions from our Platinum Sponsors, Ancestry, FamilySearch, and FamilyTreeDNA; the NGS Awards program; live chat; Q&A; 25 drawings for genealogy-related prizes, and more! To participate in NGS 2020 Live! and win prizes you must register by 11:59 p.m. (EDT) today, 15 May, to receive your invite to the streaming event.
The second component of your registration to the NGS Virtual Family History Conference is NGS 2020 On-Demand!, which begins on 1 July. This two-part conference is a tremendous value. Your registration includes both NGS 2020 Live! and NGS 2020 On-Demand! You can select one of three package levels. Each offers a choice of more than 85 lecture sessions to build a package from. Any package you register for includes repeat viewing of the five-featured lectures from the NGS 2020 Live! event at your convenience after 1 July until 15 May 2021.
Starting in June, Playback Now will contact registrants and ask you to select from the more than 85 lecture topics offered as part of NGS 2020 On-Demand! to build your package of audio-visual presentation recordings. Access to these recordings begins 1 July and includes repeat viewing for your selected sessions until 15 May 2021, plus over ten additional sponsored bonus lectures, as well as the five-featured lectures from NGS 2020 Live! You can start to review the current list of lecture sessions and bonus sponsored lectures at the NGS Conference website.
Register before midnight tonight, Friday, 15 May, for one of these three package options.
- The “Full” Package includes registration for the NGS 2020 Live! virtual conference on 20 May; streaming access to your choice of twenty NGS 2020 On-Demand! sessions from 1 July 2020 through 15 May 2021; an electronic copy of the virtual conference syllabus, and sponsored bonus lectures.
- The “Works” Package includes everything in the Full Package with an additional twenty-five NGS 2020 On-Demand! sessions you select (a total of 45 lectures you choose), a USB with audio recordings of ALL the recorded sessions (more than 100 hours of audio content that can also be streamed to your mobile device). Plus, the sponsored bonus lectures.
- NGS 2020 “Light” Package includes registration for the NGS 2020 Live! virtual conference on 20 May; an electronic copy of the virtual conference syllabus; and ten NGS 2020 On-Demand! sessions of your choice. You also will receive access to the full list of sponsored bonus lectures.
For more information about NGS 2020 Live! and NGS 2020 On-Demand! or to register, visit our conference website.
Questions? Email the Conference Registrar, Courtney Holmes.