NGS Announces Results of
2020 Board of Directors Election
The National Genealogical Society announced the results of its 2020 Board of Directors election at its annual meeting on 1 September 2020. The incoming slate includes three new positions to reflect the upcoming merger of NGS and the Federation of Genealogical Societies (FGS) on 1 October 2020. These new board positions are Vice President for Society & Organization Management and two directors at large drawn from FGS ranks.
Outgoing President Benjamin B. Spratling, JD, of Birmingham, Alabama, announced the results of the election and the incoming board members who will be seated on 1 October.
NGS Officers (1 October 2020 – 30 September 2022)
- President: Kathryn M. Doyle, California
- Vice President: Ellen Pinckney Balthazar, Texas
- Vice President of Society & Organization Management: Cheri Hudson Passey, South Carolina
- Secretary: Ed Donakey, Utah
- Treasurer: Deborah Lebo Hoskins, Pennsylvania
NGS Regional Directors
- Director of Region 2: Faye Stallings, Texas
- Director of Region 3: Janet L. Bailey, Virginia
- Director of Region 4: Bernice Alexander Bennett, Maryland
- Janet A. Alpert, South Carolina
- Colleen Robledo Greene, California
- Marlis Humphrey, Florida
- Andre Kearns, Washington, DC
- David Rencher, Utah
“I congratulate the incoming Board members,” Spratling said, “And I extend my sincere gratitude for their commitment and service to the National Genealogical Society. I also thank the Nominating Committee, including Jordan Jones, chair; Deborah A. Abbott, PhD; B. Darrell Jackson, PhD, CG; Darcie Hind Posz; CG, and D. Joshua Taylor, MA, MLS, for their excellent work.”
The entire 2020 NGS Annual Meeting can be viewed on YouTube. It includes a short video about the upcoming merger of NGS and FGS, which will be finalized on 1 October 2020, and features outgoing President Benjamin B, Spratling, FGS President Faye Stallings who has been newly elected to NGS Board, incoming President Kathryn M. Doyle, and Executive Director Matt Menashes.