Nominations Open for NGS 2022 Awards & Competitions
We invite our members to celebrate their fellow family historians by nominating them for one or more of the National Genealogical Society’s awards. Or throw your hat in the ring and enter one of our competitions.
Our 2022 Awards and Competitions season has officially opened. During the next two months you have the opportunity to participate in our awards and competition program. The deadline for submission of nominations is 15 December 2021. Award recipients will be honored at the NGS 2022 Family History Conference in Sacramento, California, 24-28 May 2022.
The NGS Awards program recognizes scholarship, service, excellence, and achievement in the fields of genealogy, history, and biography by presenting awards to individuals, societies, and organizations. They include
- The Rabbi Malcolm H. Stern Lifetime Achievement Award
- The NGS Fellow (FNGS)
- The Lou D. Szucs Distinguished Service Award
- The Award of Merit
- The Shirley Wilcox Volunteerism Award
- The Genealogical Tourism Award
The Society’s competitions include
- Family History Writing Contest
- Award for Excellence: Genealogy or Family History Book
- Award for Excellence: Genealogical Methods and Sources
- Award for Excellence: NGSQ
- The NGS Newsletter Competition
- The Rubincam Youth Writing Competition
Each year NGS also inducts one person who dedicated ten or more years to the field of genealogy and who passed away at least five years ago into its National Genealogy Hall of Fame. See a full description of the awards and competitions and access nomination forms on the NGS website.
“The NGS Awards and Competitions program represents some of our most important work. Please help us celebrate those who have excelled in the field of genealogy” said President Kathryn Doyle. “And join me as we welcome our new Awards Committee Chair, Judy Nimer Muhn.”
|Judy Nimer Muhn|
Be sure to submit your 2022 nominations before 15 December 2021!
Post a Comment