The NGS Conference App is available for iOS, Android, Blackberry, Windows Phone, and web-enabled devices. Search your app store for NGS 2014.
New this year is a five-minute video that reviews highlights of the app and explains how to use the key features. The video can be found on the NGS conference website at http://conference.ngsgenealogy.org/attend/mobile-app/, then click on the App Video Tutorial.
Some of the convenient features on the app:
· The Dashboard keeps you organized with up-to-the-minute information.
· About This Show keeps all conference information in one place.
· Alerts allow attendees to receive important real-time communications from NGS.
· The built-in Twitter feed allows you to follow and join in on the conference chatter.
The Twitter hashtag is #NGS2014GEN.
· Sync your schedule across multiple devices.
· Attendees can locate exhibitors they plan to visit.
· Connect, message, and share schedules with your colleagues through the Friends feature.
· Link to syllabus material for each lecture, which will be available about 22 April 2014.
We encourage you to begin using the app now so you can improve your conference experience in
Founded in 1903, the National Genealogical Society is dedicated to genealogy education, high research standards, and the preservation of genealogical records. The Arlington, Virginia-based nonprofit is the premier national society for everyone, from the beginner to the most advanced family historian seeking excellence in publications, educational offerings, research guidance, and opportunities to interact with other genealogists.
copyright © National Genealogical Society, 3108 Columbia Pike, Suite 300, Arlington, Virginia 22204-4370. http://www.ngsgenealogy.org.
Want to learn more about interacting with the blog, please read Hyperlinks, Subscribing and Comments -- How to Interact with Upfront with NGS Blog posts!
NGS does not imply endorsement of any outside advertiser or other vendors appearing in this blog.
Republication of UpFront articles is permitted and encouraged for non-commercial purposes without express permission from NGS. Please drop us a note telling us where and when you are using the article. Express written permission is required if you wish to republish UpFront articles for commercial purposes. You may send a request for express written permission to [email protected]. All republished articles may not be edited or reworded and must contain the copyright statement found at the bottom of each UpFront article.
Think your friends, colleagues, or fellow genealogy researchers would find this blog post interesting? If so, please let them know that anyone can read past UpFront with NGS posts or subscribe!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Suggestions for topics for future UpFront with NGS posts are always welcome. Please send any suggested topics to [email protected]
Post a Comment