The 31st IAJGS International Conference on Jewish Ge
nealogy is being held at the Grand Hyatt Washington Hotel 14-19 August 2011.
The conference includes :
· Pre-Conference Shabbat Scholar Rabbi Shmuley Boteach (Friday evening and Saturday)
· Conference Keynote Speaker Sara Bloomfield, Director of the U. S. Holocaust Memorial Museum, followed by a Welcome Reception
· Over 160 diverse sessions in 11 tracks, covering all levels of ge
· A Special Interest Group (SIG) and Birds of a Feather (BOF) Fair: meet those researching the same ancestral countries and towns as you
· PC and Mac computer workshops on ge
nealogy software and Internet use
· A Records Repository and Resource Fair to learn what major area records facilities have
of maps, books, and free access to many ge Resource Center nealogical databases
· Ten SIG luncheons, each with a prominent speaker; also Breakfasts with the Experts, to help you break through “brick walls” blocking your family research
· The Conference Gala event, with invited speaker David Ferriero, Archivist of the
: an evening devoted to enjoying top quality kosher food, networking and social opportunities, IAJGS awardees’ contributions to the field, United States AND the music and vocals of the world-renowned Robyn Helzner Trio
· And even more: Morning Minyanim,
of “Jewish Washington,” Film Screenings of Judaic award-winning films, and Vendors offering ge Tours nealogy and Judaic wares
Check out the conference website for full details.
NGS will be exhibiting at this conference
Think your friends, colleagues, or fellow genealogy researchers would find this blog post interesting? If so, please let them know that anyone can read past UpFront with NGS posts or subscribe!
Suggestions for topics for future UpFront with
NGS posts are always welcome. Please send any suggested topics to [email protected].
Great post, do you mind if I re-blog this (with full attribution and linking)? I really want to share it with my readers, they would find it very useful.ReplyDelete
Jewelry from Israel
Always happy to see items reposted, though, do note that his conference is already past. [Editor]ReplyDelete